Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Look whoo turned ONE!!!


(Opening gifts at her 1st birthday party)

Can you believe it's been a whole year since baby Addison joined our family?!?!
It feels like just yesterday when we were all sitting around tossing around possible names for Baby "A"

Well it's been an awesome year, she fits perfectly into our family! She is very laid back and doesn't mind waiting a few minutes for her meal while we measure out Alivia's food or treat a low.


She is incredibly fascinated by that little black bag that holds the meter, poker and bottle of test strips. That bag must be kept zipped at all times! She loves to pull the cap off the poker, slobber on the meter and hide bottles of test strips under the stove.


She also LOVES LOVES LOVES wrapping her little fingers around Sissys tubing and giving it a good YANK!


She's also been a great sleeper (unless she's teething!) The girls share a room and she's totally unaware of us sneaking into their room at night, she doesn't even budge when the meter beeps or the pump alarms.


She's also learning at a young age that it's completely "normal" for her Momma to occasionally check her blood sugar, sometimes she scoots over to me while I'm checking Sissy and gives me her hand :)


We're still not in the clear yet with her kidney issues, we just went in for her follow up ultrasound and Dr visit and the kidney is still swollen. It did not go away on it's own like we had hoped for but at this time it's not causing her any problems and it may never cause a problem. Surgery however will be required if it starts acting up.


She's still not walking or crawling yet. I know she knows how to crawl but chooses not to and has very little interest in walking. BUT she does do this super cute butt scoot!


 In a way I'm sad that my last and final baby is growing so quickly, I'll never again be the mother of an infant and yet at the same time I'm a little excited for the next stage of motherhood, raising my children. I'm super excited to be able to just hop in the car with out having to leave my bum hanging out of the backseat in the pouring rain to buckle carseats :)

11 comments:

Heidi / D-Tales said...

She's adorable! With those eyes, those cheeks and her sweet personality, I'd be hugging, squeezing and kissing her all day! :)

Unknown said...

OK, that scoot is something else!!! I wonder what kinds of thighs and buns we could have if we started this as a new exercise regimen?

Happy Birthday Addison.

Jules said...

awwww beautiful. happy birthday. motherhood is bitter sweet. you miss the things you leave behind, and look forward to the things to come. all in your stride mumma!! xx

Heidi =) said...

Love the butt scoot! Hopefully I'll get to see it in person (she maybe walking by then though) at a park meet up. My kiddos are farther apart than yours but I am living the bitter sweet feeling of that last one growing up too darn fast!

NikDuck said...

She's adorable! I love how Jules described it...miss the things you leave behind and look forward to the things to come. Nicole

Hallie Addington said...

Darling!! Happy Birthday, Addison!!

Joanne said...

A year already? She is so, so CUTE! Just look at those cheeks! Happy Birthday Addison!

Tracy1918 said...

Finally catching up on blogging! Forgive me for not commenting in forever!!

Love these pictures.

And good job on making it 2 years with D. You're doing an awesome job!

Holly said...

I just found you and am following you! : ) Happy Birthday, Addison-she's PRECIOUS, crawling or not! : ) Holly

Our Diabetic Warrior said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog through Wendy. You have a beautiful family!

childhood anxiety treatment said...

She's just too cute. Hugs and kisses for you baby.



Raquel