Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Addison update part 2!

First of all thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers for Addison! It was a very stressful day for me but all the comments and txt kept my mind from wondering to all the bad things that could go wrong with my baby bug.

We got to the hospital around 10:30am for check in.
At this point she hadn't nursed since 7:30am, she nurses about every 3 hours during the day so she was just hitting that 3 hour mark. I had it all planned out in my head, keep her awake until 10am so she's sleep at least until 11am, when I thought they'd put her out for the ultrasound and scan. Well thanks to a nice little boy in the waiting room that threw a HUGE screaming fit in the waiting room as soon as we got there that didn't happen!!! She woke up and of course was ready to eat, Tony walked her around and around the waiting room trying to distract her, I kept checking my phone waiting for her to be called back. When we were called back the man introduced him self and said he'd be doing the ultrasound, humm thought they were putting her out for that??? Nope! Lucky guy got to do the ultrasound on a very hungry and fussy baby!
After about a half hour of that he got what he needed and led us to another waiting room to wait for her next procedure.

Her nurse and anesthesiologist were super nice, they went over everything with us. I really felt at peace handing my baby over to them. By this time it had been 4 1/2 hours since her last feeding and she'd finally given up and had fallen fast asleep in my arms. We were sent to the cafeteria for lunch and told to come back in about an hour and they took my baby girl away and through the door...
The hubby and I went down to get some lunch even though neither of us were very hungry. Finally an hour had passed an we went up to the waiting area. After a few minutes I heard my baby girls cries.
The nurse saw me standing at the end of the hall way and let me come in and get her, boy was she MAD!!!
After a good feeding and some Tylenol my happy girl was back!!!

Ready to go home!!!

Monday was her follow up visit with the specialist and her results were GREAT! Both kidneys are functioning perfectly and both are doing their fair share of the work. We'll just continue follow up ultrasounds about every 6 months


Unknown said...

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! Those chunky legs are too sweet!!!!!!!!

So happy you could nurse her right away....makes for a happy baby and a happy mommy!

Meri said...

Seriously, she COULD NOT be cuter! I'm over the moon that all is well!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

She is delicious!!! And I'm thrilled her kidneys are just fine!

Heather said...

She is so stinkin adorable! I'm so glad everything is going well.

Unknown said...

I sooo wanna pinch those adorable legs!!!

Glad all is well. The photos of the hospital hallway got to me. Joe had surgery when he was one year old and that long, empty hallway haunts me to this day.


Heidi =) said...

I'm so glad to hear all is well with Addison! She is absolutely adorable!!

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

That's great news. Congrats! Love all the pics. :)

Alexis Nicole said...

just found your blog, glad all went well and my god what a cutie patootie!!